Weddings have come a long way from the classic and traditional white wedding gowns. Bridal Fashion Week in NYC always does a fantastic job showcasing the wedding season’s upcoming trends, and this year was no different! Our friends at Weddington Way were behind the scenes and shared a glimpse of what to expect for wedding season 2015!
● All white gowns are a thing of the past! This year it is all about colored dresses; from
pale pinks to light blues and even floral prints. We even saw some two toned dresses
hitting the runway!
● Pastel colors, muted tones, and neutrals not your style? How about a Rock n’ Roll
inspired wedding dress? This season, boho favorite Claire Pettibone and acclaimed
newcomer Houghton both showcased drop dead gorgeous styles in fun, cool, and
(actually) wearable silhouettes.
● Have a bit of a daring side? Lace, tulle, and feathers are the fabrics to be on the
lookout for! We saw some amazing dresses using multiple fabrics on one dress to
create stunning looks. In addition to these newer trending fabrics, we saw recurring
silhouettes like illusion sleeves, low backs and even deep Vnecks.
● One trend making its comeback this year is long trains. Brides are making their
statements this season by embracing the drama of a cathedral train, and we
absolutely love it.
● Other brides are looking for that “bling”! Many dresses were inspired by Lupita’s epic
(stolen & returned) Oscar dress and Kim Kardashian’s 15 carat engagement ring to
really stand out among the crowd.
● Some of our favorite designers from Bridal Fashion Week were Alice Temperley,
Watters, Monique Lhuillier, Claire Pettibone, Galia Lahav, and Lela