The wedding media focuses primarily on the ladies, but that doesn’t mean the guys don’t deserve some pampering too! I’ve rounded up a selection of gifts for the groom (or groomsmen) that likes to play outside and sometimes forgets to take care of himself (i.e. my husband who is constantly in the mountains). Of course, many of these items make great gifts not just for grooms, but dads, brothers, and husbands.
1) Ursa Major Black Walnut Razor ($36). Reclaimed black walnut handle, sourced in New York and along the Southeast Coast. Gillette Mach 3 and Venus compatible (comes with one Mach 3 cartridge). Made with passion, purpose and pride in the Green Mountain State (VT).
2) Traveler’s Skin Care Kit ($40). A TSA-approved version of Ursa Major’s simple, effective and enjoyable skin care regimen. It contains travel sizes of their Face Wash (2 fl oz), Shave Cream (2 fl oz), Face Balm (0.5 fl oz) and five tonic-infused bamboo Face Wipes, all stored in a majestic, reusable tin. Their toxin-free skincare is what got my husband to actually start washing his face every day!
3) Whiskey Leather Shaving Bag ($65+). Handcrafted by Felix Street Studio using high quality, vegetable tanned, top grain leather. Embroidered initials are included in the price of all of their bags – up to 4 initials per bag. You can also have a short message embroidered onto the inside of the bag. Perfect for a little note to your groom!
4) Beau Ties Ltd of Vermont ($38+). Seen here: Bow Ties in Mountain Pine, Anan Lake, and Firecracker. Any bow tie or neck tie color or pattern you have in mind, they probably have it!
5) ‘The Burly’ Black Sandalwood Watch ($74.95). Lightweight, comfortable, dark, and stylish, the body of The Burly watch is made from high-quality black sandalwood, Japanese quartz movement, and scratch- and impact-resistant mineral glass. tmbr. makes handcrafted wood sunglasses, watches, and iPhone cases.
6) Wooden Wedding Cuff links ($18). Handmade by End Grain Wood Shoppe, these are cut from a branch of reclaimed white oak and can be customized with initials.
7) Personalized Whiskey Barrel ($85-$200). From Uncommon Goods, these miniature oak barrels age spirits to peak flavor. It’s petite proportions accelerate the aging process, meaning that the recipient’s choice of liquor will hit its prime up to ten times faster. Plus they fit right on your counter. Also a great wedding gift for the whiskey-loving couple.
8) Juniper Ridge Big Sur Backpacker Cologne ($60). 100% natural wildharvested fragrance from the wild sage gardens of Central California. Petrochemical-free, the Big Sur Backpacker Cologne is a light hit of the wilderness, designed on the trail and distilled around the campfire. A aromatic snapshot of life on the trail.