Paper flowers might not be the first thing that comes to mind when planning your wedding, but there are SO many ways you can use them in your décor, ceremony, and even accessories. Whether you fancy a DIY project or want to hire a professional paper flower artist (yes, they exist!) these ideas will surely add whimsy, beauty, and fun to your big day. You might even want to forgo real flowers altogether. Paper flowers also make for a lovely keepsake that you can hold on to after the event – no wilting here!
1) Escort Cards – Attaching a name to the paper flower style of your choice! Your guests also get to keep a beautiful little piece of art. Pictured here: DIY watercolor and crepe paper poppy escort cards.
2) Cake Decor – Either on the cake or on a cake topper. These are so cute! There are even edible rice paper flowers that you can request for your cake (like below right).
3) Paper Bouquets: Imagine being able to keep your bouquet! Whether you want the flowers to look almost real, or whimsical and artsy, there is a style out there for you.
4) Place Settings – Another wonderful and easy way to incorporate paper flowers. For these you don’t even need to create a stem. See the DIY for this paper magnolia here.
5) Hanging Installations – Whether used as a ceremony backdrop, or overhead at the reception these create such a romantic atmosphere.
Left: Wildflowers Photo | Right: Gabriel Boone
6) Backdrops – These are great for dessert tables, photo ops, and ceremony settings.
Above and below: Paper Flora
8) Centerpieces – These gorgeous creations are something your guests can enjoy at their tables, and you could even give them away as gifts at the end of the night to your closest family. The one seen below was created by Craft and Clover.
9) Garlands – A beautiful paper flower garland is perfect if you want to incorporate a bit more leaves and these can be used as table runners, wrapped over a ceremony arch etc. Below left: Handmade by Sara Kim | Below right: Flower Decoration
10) Paper Flower Crowns – These make for gorgeous keepsakes that you can treasure for years to come!
11) Over-sized Paper Flowers – If you want to feel like you’re Thumbelina, or Alice in Wonderland then oversized flowers are the way to go! These are nothing short of magical.